This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an industry-leading platform at a growing organization!
As the Accounting Manager, you will be working side-by-side with the Controller and CFO implement processes to ensure appropriate and consistent financial reporting and controls across business operations. If you thrive on owning process improvements, rolling up your sleeves and working in fast-paced environments, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Hire, supervise, and develop the accounting staff in coordination with the Controller
- Prepare periodic GAAP financial statements, financial reports, and special analyses as required by the CFO and Controller.
- Complete all required analytical reviews of the operations from a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow perspective.
- Complete analytical review of the operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained and reported.
- Monitor and manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll functions, including billing and collections as well as payroll
- Complete all covenant calculations and compliance certificates required by the Company's lenders
- Evaluate and improve various technical accounting analyses, policies, and processes
- Support the annual external financial statement audit and all ancillary audit activities (i.e. valuations)
- Prepare work-papers supporting periodic federal, state, and local tax compliance activities in coordination with the external tax advisor
- Prepare work-papers supporting forecasts and budgets as requested by the CFO
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- BS or MS in Accounting
- 5 years of accounting experience, with 1+ year of management experience.
- Public auditor experience (required); Big 4 or Tier 2 (preferred)
- CPA certification (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and reporting
- Systems experience:
- NetSuite (required)
- Stripe (preferred)
- A quality approach to work, with a passion for process and controls
- A data-driven approach to problem-solving, giving the ability to provide practical and efficient solutions
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Resourceful; devise creative solutions to a variety of challenges
- Strong critical thinking skills; use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems